A great way to enjoy and support Gazen Salts is by joining our volunteer days. Get hands on, learn new skills, meet new people and enjoy the countryside and fresh air with these outdoor opportunities.
How can you take part?
• Volunteers work at the Reserve throughout the year. We meet every Wednesday, 9am-12 noon. • This is a great way to enjoy and support Gazen Salts. Get hands on, learn new skills, meet new people and enjoy the countryside and fresh air with these outdoor opportunities.
Getting in touch
• You can get in touch with us by contacting our Voluntary Reserve Manager, Mike on 07812062870.
• Clearing vegetation from footpaths. • Wildflower planting. • Weeding. • Minor repairs.
What Types of Work to Expect?
Autumn and Winter
• Tree work – light pruning, coppicing and pollarding. • Fencing and repairs to various structures such as seating. • Scrub clearance. • Footpath maintenance such as applying woodchips. • Wildflower planting. • Pond and waterway clearance.
All those taking part should exercise due care to their own safety and that of other workers and visitors to the reserve.
• A qualified first aider. • Insurance. • All safety equipment and working gloves. • All tools necessary.
Where to Find Us
What to Bring with You
• Strong footwear and old clothes. • To prepare for all weathers we recommend you bring waterproofs, warm clothing in winter, sun hats and sun screen in summer. • Insect repellent is recommended. • If you have any medical conditions which could compromise your safety while on the Reserve please make the leader aware of these.